SOURCE Denim ToteTAB-1
$ 23.00 USD $ 35.00 USD
[SEATTLE] This roomy, sturdy, sophisticated tote is like your favorite pair of jeans—it can go anywhere and do anything.
But it’s actually WAY better. Made by hand. Employing refugees. Using extra strong thread. And crafted with raw denim made in the most thoughtfully sustainable, environmentally friendly way possible.
It’s called SOURCE because this denim is carefully sourced in ways that change lives and save the Earth. And that’s no exaggeration.
But beyond that, this durable tote bag is beautiful in its simplicity, with artful details like the signature SOURCE brown cross stitching on the handles. Carry it to work, to yoga, to the restaurant, to the store. Good taste does good.
Ways SOURCE Denim is better:
- SOURCE Denim is naturally stain resistant, so you can wash less. (When you do, use cold water and turn your bag inside out.)
- It doesn’t go through any artificial washes, sandblasting or cosmetic tearing, so it will stand the test of time.
- The denim is woven and dyed with a natural, biodegradable polymer that replaces the harsh chemicals in the denim production process. Because it’s a food waste product, it can be safely washed away or composted without worrying about polluting the water stream.
- SOURCE Denim is made with pre-reduced synthetic indigo dyes sourced close to the denim factories. Pre-reduced dyes use 60 percent less hydrosulfite and caustic soda than conventional denim dyes, and remove the need for forced reduction agents, chemicals and excessive water use as is often necessitated by natural indigo.
- And SOURCE Denim is almost at 100 percent in meeting the international commitment to Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals by 2020, well beyond other denim companies in the industry.
- The all-natural fiber content means SOURCE Denim will biodegrade at the end of its life cycle (many years from now).
- Eighty percent of SOURCE cotton comes from the USA and Greece. The other 20 percent comes from Better Cotton Initiative farms in West Africa, which trains farmers in good farming practices to minimize water and fertilizer use.
- SOURCE Denim contributes a portion of their proceeds to International Rivers Network, because denim has historically had such a damaging effect on rivers and waterways, and to 350.org in support of their actions to address climate change.
We're partnering with SOURCE Denim in support of Washington Wild, which protects and restores wild lands and waters in Washington State. Local Universe is donating $1 of every sale of SOURCE Denim totes to Washington Wild.
100% cotton, 11 oz. raw SOURCE Denim.