Superior Ink has done some major overhauls in order to get Certifiably Green. We use energy efficient machines, water-based inks, and eco-friendly cleaners for our products. We also encourage our client base to use sustainably sourced apparel. We recycle more than 75 percent of our waste. We are committed to providing a sustainable, eco-friendly experience in all of our practices.
We prioritize materials that are as easily recyclable as possible, with a focus on those that can be recycled back into themselves (versus downcycled into a lower value item).
Because of the first two criteria above, EcoEnclose has prioritized recycled paper and recycled plastic e-commerce packaging and has not focused on virgin bioplastics.
How materials and packaging are manufactured is critical, regardless of the packaging material. EcoEnclose seeks US-based supply chain partners with demonstrated commitments to transparent sourcing, renewable energy, minimizing resource utilization and responsible waste management.
We help e-commerce businesses reduce the volume of packaging and material they need to use by providing custom shipping boxes sized perfectly for the products they are delivering and mailers in a broad variety of sizes.
We use the most eco-minded inks possible for printing and branding, with a focus on those that use as little petroleum as possible, produce the least amount of toxins, and that have a low impact on recycling or composting.
We help our customers motivate their customers to reuse or recycle their packaging to support the cradle-to-cradle cycle of materials.
We are honest and transparent. We state the minimum recycled content levels of our products and never use meaningless phrases (such as up to 15% recycled content) to describe them. We provide detail on post-consumer content levels and information on how items can be recycled.
econscious works with factories who share our commitment to manufacturing quality products and providing a safe and healthy working environment for their employees. We ensure the factories we work with adhere to wage, child labor, overtime, health, safety and environmental standards regulations. Factory visits throughout the year confirm compliance with our high standards for product quality and code of conduct.
- By using organic cotton, farmed without insecticides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- By using sustainably grown materials. Bamboo and hemp both grow exceptionally fast, using less water; are naturally insect resistant; and provide long-lasting durability.
- By using low-impact dyes, reducing the water-quality impact of manufacturing.
- By using RPET, creating a soft fiber from otherwise discarded plastics.
- By recycling water at our facilities, reducing our consumption and cutting down on water treatment and wastewater.
- By supporting environmental nonprofits such as the Hudson River Clearwater Project.